Monday, September 7, 2009

Sick of it

Absolutely sick of it. My wife and I work one normal job each, her from 7:30AM till 12:30PM Monday through Friday, I work a full time Net Admin job 9:30AM till 6PM Monday through Friday, plus an additional semi-full time job from 7PM till late 5 nights a week, not always the same nights either. My wife can't work a proper full time job because someone has to look after the kids, pick them up from school and drop the littlest one off to the baby sitter. It's not fair.

My full time job pays well, her work pays OK, but then for the hours it is better than can be expected, yet we still struggle. And it's not like we spend a lot on non-necessities, actually we don't spend on anything we don't need. There's the car payment, the rent, the phone and internet, school fees, telephone bills, etc... All come out of my "monthly" pay check, with the weekly pay's from my second job and her job we live, buy groceries, and keep petrol in the car, but that's it.

Why is it that today most "middle" class families struggle? Our lifestyle sucks, we just want to have a bit of time and money to be able to enjoy our lives. We haven't even been out to dinner in over 6 months, and it's been over 2 years since my wife have been on a "date."

Come on life, surely we're not the only ones? Anyone else like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment